- NBA Power 10 (3/22-3/28) - March 22, 2023
- Mania Madness Round Of 8 – Paul Bearer Region - March 17, 2023
- NBA Power 10 (3/15-3/21) - March 15, 2023
We all know he NFL is a league chock full of trends and streaks. What we don’t know is who will sustain their hot play and who will fall off the cliff. We know the refs are human, the players are emotional and the owners are impatient. What we are still trying to figure out is which teams are serious and which teams need serious help?
1. Los Angeles Rams 6-0 (Last week #1)
Todd Gurley has 629 rushing yards and 9 touchdowns in six games. Imagine, that’s just the tip of the iceberg when talking about the Rams.
2. New Orleans Saints 4-1 (Last week #3)
Coming off their bye week, the Saints still lead the league in scoring. They will need to keep up the offensive barrage as their next five opponents are a combined 20-9 on the season
3. New England Patriots 4-2 (Last week #8)
The Patriots are running on all cylinders now and teams are starting to see the mythical aura of invincibility surrounding Gillette stadium.
4. Kansas City Chiefs 5-1 (Last week #2)
The Chiefs looked great even though they collected their first loss of the season. A loss to a genius like Belichick might actually help young Pat Mahomes more than hurt him.
5. Baltimore Ravens 4-2 (Last week #9)
The Ravens lead the league with 26 sacks on the season. They have the number one overall defense in the NFL and the offense isn’t too far behind.
6. Los Angeles Chargers 4-2 (Last week #10)
The Chargers are on a three game winning streak, able to run the ball to the tune of 5.1 yards per carry on the season. Melvin Gordon averages 124.1 yards from scrimmage per game.
7. Cincinnati Bengals 4-2 (Last week #4)
The Bengals have lost two games this season where they could only muster up 21 points, which is eight points under their season average.
8. Chicago Bears 3-2 (Last week #5)
The Bears have lost two games this season by a total of four points. Two games where they had the lead going into the fourth quarter.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers 3-2-1 (Last week #13)
The Steelers have won two straight averaging 34.5 points during that stretch. They head to their bye week before a brutal stretch of their schedule.
10. Miami Dolphins 4-2 (Last week #11)
Could Adam Gase see Brock Osweiler as the answer to his prayers, after a 380 yard performance by the veteran quarterback? I think we’d have to ask what exactly is he praying for.
11. Carolina Panthers 3-2 (Last week #7)
In two losses this season the Panthers have turned the ball over four times while only forcing one. Cam Newton has only one game this season where he has passed for 300 yards.
12. Jacksonville Jaguars 3-3 (Last week #6)
The Jags allow 187.8 passing yards per game which ranks them first in the NFL. Their offense has 14 turnovers including seven in their last two games.
13. Minnesota Vikings 3-2-1 (Last week #14)
The Vikings have won two straight games averaging 25 points and 136 rushing yards per game in that stretch. Adam Thielen is doing his best Randy Moss impersonation, averaging 118.7 receiving yards per game.
14. Washington Redskins 3-2 (Last week #16)
Alex Smith is averaging 241 passing yards per game with six touchdowns and two interceptions on the season. The defense has forced at least one turnover in every game this season.
15. Philadelphia Eagles 3-3 (Last week #17)
The Eagles snapped a two game losing streak over the weekend by not turning the ball over for the first time this season. The defense has allowed a hundred yard rushing in a game only once this season.
16. Cleveland Browns 2-3-1 (Last week #15)
Cleveland has lost two out of their last three games allowing 30.6 points per game. They have eight turnovers during that stretch.
17. Seattle Seahawks 3-3 (Last week #21)
The Seahawks are 3-1 in their last four games, turning the ball over only once. They also average 157.2 rushing yards per game during that run.
18. Green Bay Packers 3-2-1 (Last week #18)
The Packers bye week couldn’t have come at a better time with all their injuries. Right now they are moving the football pretty well but aren’t blowing anybody away with their offense.
19. Houston Texans 3-3 (Last week #22)
The Texans have won three straight games including two overtime victories. The defense is starting to come around, not allowing 300 yards of total offense in their last two games.
20. Tennessee Titans 3-3 (Last week #12)
The Titans are on a two game losing streak averaging 6.0 points per game during that span. Marcus Mariota is averaging 158.6 passing yards per game with two touchdowns and four interceptions. The offense is ranked 30th overall.
21. Dallas Cowboys 3-3 (Last week #23)
The Cowboys defense ranks second in points allowed and fourth in yards given up. They have 18 sacks on the season and have forced six turnovers.
22. New York Jets 3-3 (Last week #24)
The Jets are supposed to be in a rebuild season but instead they are on a two game winning streak, forcing five turnovers in the process.
23. Atlanta Falcons 2-4 (Last week #27)
Matt Ryan is having an MVP caliber season averaging 325.8 passing yards a game, with 14 touchdowns and only two interceptions. The defense will continue to struggle through the injuries.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-3 (Last week #20)
The Buccaneers have lost their last three games allowing 37.3 points per. The offense has turned it over nine times in that span.
25. Denver Broncos 2-4 (Last week #19)
Denver has lost four straight games giving up an average of 27.7 points per. The team has eight turnovers on offense: all are Case Keenum interceptions.
26. Detroit Lions 2-3 (Last week #25)
The Lions have won two out of their last three games averaging 27 points per game during that stretch. Coming off their bye week they look to improve on a defense ranked 25th in points per allowed.
27. Buffalo Bills 2-4 (Last week #26)
Josh Allen is averaging 138.7 passing yards per game leading Buffalo to just 26 points in the last three games. The defense is solid allowing only 311.6 total yards per game.
28. Indianapolis Colts 1-5 (Last week #28)
The team has lost four straight games giving up an average of 34.2 points per game. They need a ton more help for Andrew Luck who is having a good season all things considered.
29. Arizona Cardinals 1-5 (Last week #29)
Arizona is at the very bottom of the NFL in rushing. It seems the fans rushing to the exits prematurely are the only ones getting anywhere.
30. San Francisco 49ers 1-5 (Last week #30)
Kyle Shanahan is the NFL’s version of MacGyver. “Give me a backup quarterback, a backup running back, some mediocre defenders, and we’ve got a chance.”
31. Oakland Raiders 1-5 (Last week #31)
That Monday Night Football booth must be looking real enticing to Jon Gruden right now.
32. New York Giants 1-5 (Last week #32)
Giants fans and media alike have their torches raised high, storming the front gates of Eli Manning’s estate (or probably farm right?) demanding he give up the mantle of starting quarterback.