- 2022 NFL Mock Draft – Make It Count - April 21, 2022
- 2022 College Football Playoff Championship Preview: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide Vs. #3 Georgia Bulldogs - January 10, 2022
- 2021 College Football Preview – Michigan Wolverines Vs. Georgia Bulldogs - December 31, 2021
Every week in College Football, a top ten team should be on alert. If you don’t bring your A game, you could lose. This week was no exception as two top ten teams came up short. There was a shakeup because of it. Here’s a look at the newest Top Ten:
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (6-0) Idle
Next game- at LSU Tigers
2) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (7-0) defeated #2 Clemson Tigers 47-40 2OT
Quarterback Ian Book had his best game of the year and it came at the perfect time, going 22-39 for 310 yards and a touchdown. Running back Kyren Williams ran for 140 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver Javon McKinley had 102 receiving yards. The defense bottled the Tigers’ rushing attack, which lessened the effect of their passing game. They made the plays in OT to secure the big win.
Next game- at Boston College Eagles
3) Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) defeated Rutgers Scarlet Knights 49-27
Quarterback Justin Fields highly productive, going 24-28 for 314 yards and five touchdowns. Wide receiver Garrett Wilson had 104 receiving yards with a touchdown. The defense wasn’t pressed by the Scarlet Knights’ offense. Some late, meaningless points made the score more respectable.
Next game- at Maryland Terrapins
4) Cincinnati Bearcats (5-0) defeated Houston Cougars 38-10
Quarterback Desmond Ridder looked ordinary passing the ball, going 17-27 for 167 yards with a touchdown and an interception, but added 103 rushing yards with three touchdowns. Running back Gerrid Doaks ran for 184 yards and a touchdown. The defense smothered the Cougars’ offense, holding them under 200 total yards and they forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs. East Carolina Pirates
5) Brigham Young Cougars (8-0) defeated #14 Boise State Broncos 51-17
Quarterback Zach Wilson was sharp, going 21-27 for 359 yards and two touchdowns. He also added a rushing touchdown. Running back Tyler Allgeier ran for 123 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receivers Gunner Romney (133 receiving yards) and Dax Milne (99 receiving yards) kept the defense honest. The defense made life difficult for the Broncos’ offense and forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs. North Alabama Lions
6) Clemson Tigers (7-1) lost to #5 Norte Dame Fighting Irish 47-40 2OT
Quarterback DJ Uiagalelei was on his game, going 29-44 for 439 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receivers Cornell Powell (161 receiving yards/one touchdown) and Amari Rodgers (134 receiving yards) were carving up Norte Dame’s secondary. The defense was disappointing, giving up over 500 total yards to the Fighting Irish.
Next game- at Florida State Seminoles
7) Texas A&M Aggies (5-1) defeated South Carolina Gamecocks 48-3
Quarterback Kellen Mond was efficient, going 16-26 for 224 yards and four touchdowns. Running back Isaiah Spiller ran for 131 yards. The defense shut down the Gamecocks’ anemic offense, holding them to 150 total yards and forcing two turnovers.
Next game- at Tennessee Volunteers
8) Florida Gators (4-1) defeated #7 Georgia Bulldogs 44-28
Quarterback Kyle Trask was superb, going 30-43 for 474 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Running back Malik Davis had 100 receiving yards. The defense held the Bulldogs’ offense to 277 total yards and forced three turnovers.
Next game- vs. Arkansas Razorbacks
9) Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-0) defeated South Alabama Jaguars 23-6
Quarterback Grayson McCall had a pedestrian game, going 17-24 for 209 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver Jaivon Heilighhad 95 receiving yards. The defense made short work of the Jaguars and forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs. Troy Trojans
10) Liberty Flames (7-0) defeated Virginia Tech Hokies 38-35
Quarterback Malik Willis was the best player on the field, accounting for 325 yards and four touchdowns. Running back Joshua Mack had 90 rushing yards. The defense bent but didn’t break against the Hokies’ offense.
Next game- vs. Western Carolina Catamounts