Heading into week three you start to notice certain trends. Now things aren’t just a quick flash or a lucky shot, things have happened in consecutive weeks. Teams now look to solidify streaks while others look to change their misfortunes.
1. Los Angeles Rams 2-0 (last week #3)
The Rams have scored six offensive touchdowns, three through the air and three on the ground for great balance. The team has given up only one touchdown on defense.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars 2-0 (last week #4)
Blake Bortles is great at home and suspect on the road. The defense is great everywhere.
3. Kansas City Chiefs 2-0 (last week #7)
The Chiefs do everything right on offense and almost nothing right on defense. Still, it’s going to be hard to keep up the scoring against young Patrick Mahomes (10 passing touchdowns) and his playmakers.
4. Minnesota Vikings 1-0-1 (last week #2)
Minnesota is missing some balance on offense, most of their yards come through the air. As a team they have rushed for only 184 yards and zero touchdowns.
5. Philadelphia Eagles 1-1 (last week #1)
Philadelphia continues to be one of the hardest teams to run the football against. They are having a hard time moving the ball on offense right now.
6. New England Patriots 1-1 (last week #5)
The Patriots got smoked so bad over the weekend, they ran out and aquired Josh Gordon. Imagine him in one side and “Gronk” on the other, or even worse on the same side.
7. Atlanta Falcons 1-1 (last week #11)
When Atlanta’s offense spreads the ball around, they’re nearly impossible to stop. The defense is banged up but still making huge plays.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-0 (last week #26)
Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the NFL with 819 pass yards, while the team has gained the most yards in the league after two weeks.
9 . New Orleans Saints 1-1 (last week #8)
The Saints can let it fly, but have missed Mark Ingram on the ground. They have a total of 105 rushing yards on the season.
10. Denver Broncos 2-0 (last week #17)
Teams have converted only five third downs vs Denver. Their offense moves the ball but commits too many turnovers.
11. Green Bay Packers 1-0-1 (last week #6) Aaron Rodgers and his merry corps of receivers are the only thing the Packers have going for them.
12. Cincinnati Bengals 2-0 (last week #21)
Andy Dalton is playing great with 508 yards, six touchdowns and only one interception. With a bend but don’t break defense they look great overall.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers 0-1-1 (last week #9)
Pittsburgh could be 2-0 but are somehow winless. They have given up over 300 yards on the ground already this season, which not typical of a Pittsburgh defense.
14. Carolina Panthers 1-1 (last week #10)
Christian McCaffrey leads the team in rush yards and receiving yards. Safe to say they could use more offense from another source.
15. Miami Dolphins 2-0 (last week #27)
The Dolphins have given up two total touchdowns on defense and forced six turnovers. The offense looks better with Tannehill but could use some more big plays.
16. Dallas Cowboys 1-1 (last week #25)
The Cowboys defense have nine sacks in two games and have only allowed three touchdowns.
17. Baltimore Ravens 1-1 (last week #12)
Baltimore’s defense makes it hard for you to move the ball against them. They have only allowed four touchdowns and none on the ground.
18. Chicago Bears 1-1 (last week #14)
Their defense has played great, especially versus the run. The defense has also scored two touchdowns, while the offense only has three touchdowns on the season.
19. Los Angeles Chargers 1-1 (last week #13)
The Chargers’ offense is clicking on all cylinders with seven touchdowns and only two turnovers.
20. San Francisco 49ers 1-1 (last week #16)
The 49ers were relying on offense to pace them this season. They have four touchdowns and four turnovers on offense.
21. Washington Redskins 1-1 (last week #24)
Washington’s defense has been really good in two games. Their offense has looked like two different teams in that same span.
22. Tennessee Titans 1-1 (last week #22)
Tennessee gives up plenty of yards,but teams are not scoring a bunch on them, either. Their offense isn’t doing much at all.
23. New York Jets 1-1 (last week #23)
The Jets will have their growing pains with young Sam Darnold but the offense has moved the ball. The defense have forced seven turnovers and is keeping teams to under six yards per reception.
24. Indianapolis Colts 1-1 (last week #30)
The Colts do a good job of stopping the run but struggle everywhere else. The offensive line needs to help Andrew Luck out a bit more.
25. Cleveland Browns 0-1-1 (last week #19)
If Cleveland would’ve started the season with a different place kicker they would be 2-0. They are still winless since the 2016 season.
26. Houston Texans 0-2 (last week #15)
The Texans have the league’s best rushing attack with 315 yards on the ground. They only have one touchdown on the ground and only four overall.
27. Seattle Seahawks 0-2 (last week #20)
Seattle has forced the most interceptions in the league with five. Nothing else about the team excites you.
28. New York Giants 0-2 (last week #18)
The worst offensive line in football can’t help the Giants get over their biggest obstacle of the past five years: a weak rushing attack. Eli Manning can’t make plays on his back.
29. Oakland Raiders 0-2 (last week #31)
The Raiders have struggled to score points on the season. They only have four red zone appearances and three offensive touchdowns.
30. Detroit Lions 0-2 (last week #28)
Detroit has the most passing attempts and almost the least amount of rushing attempts. They’ve allowed the most rushing yards in the league with 359.
31. Arizona Cardinals 0-2 (last week #29)
Arizona has the worst offense in the league and their defense isn’t far behind in terms of sheer ineptitude.
32. Buffalo Bills 0-2 (last week #32)
Buffalo has a rookie quarterback and a bad offensive line. What makes it worse is their best weapon, LeSean McCoy, has only 62 rushing yards in two games.