- College Football Top 10 Week 6 – Huge Shift In The Rankings - October 13, 2021
- College Football Top Ten Week 5 – Shake Up Saturday - October 4, 2021
- College Football Top Ten (Week ) – Minor Movement - September 29, 2021
College football is back in full swing. With the fans back, Saturday’s feel normal again. It seems like there is an upset each week in the Top Ten. No team is safe, every game counts. Teams can’t afford to overlook any opponent. With that said, here is the latest Top Ten:
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) defeated Southern Miss Golden Eagles 63-14
The Crimson Tide overwhelmed the Golden Eagles. Quarterback Bryce Young was spectacular, going 20-23 for 313 yards with five touchdowns and an interception. Running back Roydell Williams ran for 110 yards and a touchdown. Tight End Jahleel Billingsley had 105 receiving yards and a touchdown. The defense held Southern Miss to 213 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game: vs. #13 Ole Miss Rebels
2. Georgia Bulldogs (4-0) defeated Vanderbilt Commodores 62-0
The Bulldogs destroyed the Commodores in easy fashion. Quarterbacks Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels combined to go 20-25 for 272 yards with three touchdowns and an interception. The defense held Vanderbilt to a paltry 77 total yards and forced three turnovers.
Next game: vs. #10 Arkansas Razorbacks
3. Oregon Ducks (4-0) defeated Arizona Wildcats 41-19
The Ducks scored early to put away the struggling Wildcats. Quarterback Anthony Brown went 10-21 for 206 yards with three touchdowns. Running back Travis Dye rushed for 92 yards. The defense gave up a lot of yards but kept Arizona out of the end zone and forced five turnovers.
Next game: at Stanford Cardinal
4. Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) defeated West Virginia Mountaineers 16-13
The Sooners survived a tough Mountaineer team. Quarterback Spencer Rattler went 26-36 for 256 yards with a touchdown and an interception. The defense held West Virginia to 226 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game: at Kansas State Wildcats
5. Iowa Hawkeyes (4-0) defeated Colorado State Rams 24-14
The Hawkeyes had to come back to beat the upset minded Rams. Quarterback Spencer Petras went 15-23 for 224 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. Wide receiver Keagan Johnson had 92 receiving yards with a touchdown. The defense held Colorado State to 256 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game: at #25 Maryland Terrapins
6. Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) defeated Villanova Wildcats 38-17
The Nittany Lions didn’t have much trouble beating the Wildcats. Quarterback Sean Clifford was brilliant, going 19-26 for 401 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Wide receivers Parker Washington (148 receiving yards and two touchdowns) and Japan Dotson (117 receiving yards and a touchdown) were hard to cover. The defense held Villanova to 222 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game: vs. Indiana Hoosiers
7. Cincinnati Bearcats (3-0) Idle
Next game: at #8 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (4-0) defeated #18 Wisconsin Badgers 41-13
The Fighting Irish used a late surge to pull away from the Badgers. Quarterback Jack Coan went 15-29 for 158 yards and a touchdown. The defense held Wisconsin to 318 total yards and forced five turnovers.
Next game: vs. #7 Cincinnati Bearcats
9. Arkansas Razorbacks (4-0) defeated previous #7 Texas A&M Aggies 20-10
The Razorbacks showed they’re for real with a hard fought win against the Aggies. Quarterback KJ Jefferson went 7-15 for 212 yards with two touchdowns. Wide receiver Treyion Burks had 167 receiving yards and a touchdown. The defense held Texas A&M to 272 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game: at #2 Georgia Bulldogs
10. Florida Gators (3-1) defeated Tennessee Volunteers 38-14
After a slow start, the Gators put away a scrappy Volunteer team. Quarterback Emory Jones was effective, going 21-27 for 209 yards and two touchdowns. He also added 144 rushing yards. The defense bent but didn’t break.
Next game: at Kentucky Wildcats