- College Football Top Ten Week 1 -Welcome Back To The Tailgate - September 7, 2022
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft – Make It Count - April 21, 2022
- 2022 College Football Playoff Championship Preview: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide Vs. #3 Georgia Bulldogs - January 10, 2022
It’s that time of year again! College football fans have waited long enough. Georgia looks to repeat but a few teams will have a say in who claims this year’s title. Starting with SEC rival Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Oklahoma. Two top ten teams already lost to start the early season shake up. Here is the top ten after week one.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) defeated Utah State Aggies 55-0
The Crimson Tide routed the Aggies in a laugher. Quarterback Bryce Young went 18-28 for 195 yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed for 100 yards and another touchdown. Running back Jahmyr Gibbs ran for 93 yards. The defense earned a shutout and held Utah State to 136 total yards.
Next game- at Texas Longhorns
2. Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) defeated #11 Oregon Ducks 49-3
The Bulldogs manhandled the Ducks rather easily. Quarterback Stetson Bennett went 25-31 for 368 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Kenny McIntosh had 117 receiving yards. The defense shut down Oregon’s high powered offense and forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs Samford Bulldogs
3. Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) defeated #5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 21-19
The Buckeyes struggled but got by a tough Fighting Irish team. Quarterback CJ Stroud went 24-34 for 223 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Treveyon Henderson rushed for 91 yards. Wide receiver Emeka Egbuka had 90 receiving yards and a touchdown. The defense held Notre Dame under 300 total yards.
Next game- vs Arkansas State Red Wolves
4. Clemson Tigers (1-0) defeated Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 41-10
The Tigers used a strong second half to pull away from the Yellow Jackets. Quarterback DJ Uiagalelei went 19-32 for 209 years a touchdown. The defense held Georgia Tech to 237 total yards and forced a turnover
Next game- vs. Furman Paladins
5. Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) defeated Sam Houston Bearkats 31-0
The Aggies made easy work of the overmatched Bearkats. Quarterback Haynes King went 20-31 for 364 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions. Wide receiver Ainias Smith had 164 receiving yards and two touchdowns. The defense held Sam Houston under 200 total yards and forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs Appalachian State Mountaineers
6. Michigan Wolverines (1-0) defeated Colorado State Rams 51-7
The Wolverines took care of the Rams in a blowout. Quarterback Cade McNamara went 9-18 for 136 yards and a touchdown. The defense held Colorado State to 219 total yards and forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
7. Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) defeated UTEP Miners 45-13
The Sooners beat up the Miners in an opening day rout. Quarterback Dillon Gabriel went 15-23 for 233 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Eric Gray ran for 102 yards. The defense held UTEP under 300 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game- vs Kent State Golden Flashes
8. Baylor Bears (1-0) defeated Albany Great Danes 69-10
The Bears crushed the Great Danes in a rout. Quarterback Blake Shapen went 17-20 for 214 yards and two touchdowns. The defense held Albany to 237 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game- at #25 BYU Cougars
9. Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0) defeated Central Michigan Chippewas 58-44
The Cowboys escaped an upset minded Chippewas team. Quarterback Spencer Sanders went 28-41 for 406 yards and four touchdowns. Wide receiver Braydon Johnson 133 receiving yards and a touchdown. The defense struggled but made stops late to preserve the win.
Next game- vs Arizona State Sun Devils
10. Notre Dame (0-1) loses to #3 Ohio State Buckeyes 21-10
The Fighting Irish h played well early but struggled in the second half in a tough loss to the Buckeyes. Quarterback Tyler Buchner went 10-18 for 177 yards. The defense played strong early but had too many breakdowns in the second half.
Next game- vs Marshall Thundering Herd