- NBA Power 10 (3/29-4/4) - March 29, 2023
- Mania Madness – Paul Bearer Region Semifinals - March 23, 2023
- NBA Power 10 (3/22-3/28) - March 22, 2023
The NFL season is heating up and positioning starts to become a widely used word around the league. With the trade deadline come and gone, we now enter into the time of season where we will start our observations by saying “if the playoffs started today.” Indeed, if the playoffs started today we would still have a plethora of teams without a chance of making it in.
1. Los Angeles Rams 8-0 (Last week #1)
The Rams have outscored their opponents by a total of 109 points on the season. They are simply running away with the NFC and they just added another big piece in Dante Fowler.
2. New Orleans Saints 6-1 (Last week #2)
The Saints could probably beat every team in the NFL if they played them. They will have a chance to prove that this weekend versus the Rams.
3. New England Patriots 6-2 (Last week #3)
It doesn’t look like the Patriots will lose again this season. They’ve won five straight games and most of the teams on the rest of their schedule aren’t scaring anybody.
4. Kansas City Chiefs 7-1 (Last week #4)
Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs keep on rolling, extending their new winning streak to two games. They’ve outscored their opponents 75-33 in that span.
5. Los Angeles Chargers (Last week #5)
The Chargers have 23 offensive touchdowns and only six turnovers. They should get Melvin Gordon back from injury coming off the bye week.
6. Carolina Panthers 5-2 (Last week #7)
The Panthers have three total turnovers in five wins this season. They have four turnovers in their two losses.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers 4-2-1 (Last week #8)
The Steelers have hit their stride, winning the last three games and outscoring their opponents by a total of 46 points. James Conner has rushed for 367 yards and six touchdowns during that streak.
8. Washington Redskins 5-2 (Last week #9)
The Redskins have found the fountain of youth, being led by 34 year old quarterback Alex Smith and 33 year old running back Adrian Peterson.
9. Cincinnati Bengals 5-3 (Last week #10)
The Bengals rank 32nd in yards allowed and 29th in points allowed. Their record is kind of surprising in that regard.
10. Houston Texans 5-3 (Last week #12)
The Texans have won their last five games forcing a total of 11 turnovers. They rank ninth in both points allowed and yards given up.
11. Chicago Bears 4-3 (Last week #13)
The Bears are third in rushing and have not allowed a rushing touchdown on the season. They are ranked second in the league, forcing 17 turnovers.
12. Seattle Seahawks 4-3 (Last week #15)
Seattle has won four out of their last five games allowing an average of 16 points per game. They’ve forced 16 turnovers and only allowed 14 total touchdowns on the season.
13. Minnesota Vikings 4-3-1 (Last week #11)
The Vikings are ranked 29th in rushing yards averaging 87.1 yards per game. They are winless when they allow 25 points or more points.
14. Baltimore Ravens 4-4 (last week #6)
The Ravens have dropped two straight games getting outscored 60-44. They’ve scored three or more points only once this season.
15. Philadelphia Eagles 4-4 (Last week #16)
The Eagles have turned the ball over 12 times this year, while scoring 20 touchdowns on offense. They have allowed 156 points on the season, which ranks seventh in the league.
16. Miami Dolphins 4-4 (Last week #14)
The Dolphins’ defense has now dropped to 27th in both points allowed and yards given up. They have turned the ball over 13 times.
17. Green Bay Packers 3-3-1 (Last week #17)
The Packers have outscored their opponents by a total of two points on the season. They’ve lost two out of their last three, turning over the ball four times in that span.
18. Atlanta Falcons 3-4 (Last week #19)
The Falcons have won two straight going into their bye week and have gotten some key players back from injury. Matt Ryan has 15 touchdowns and only two interceptions on the season.
19. Dallas Cowboys 3-4 (Last week #20)
The Cowboys were 29th in passing yards but that should change with the addition of Amari Cooper.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars 3-5 (Last week #18)
The Jaguars; season has taken a nosedive. They’ve lost four straight games averaging 11.5 points per game and turning the ball over 11 times.
21. Tennessee Titans 3-4 (Last week #21)
The Titans have lost three straight games averaging 10.3 points per game. They have the 30th ranked offense in the league.
22. New York Jets 3-5 (Last week #22)
The Jets have lost two straight games averaging 13.5 points per game in that span. They are undefeated when they score 30 or more points.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3-4 (Last week #23)
This week on the Buccaneers soap opera, DeSean Jackson wants out but is still there. Jameis Winston wants on but is out of a starting job.
24. Indianapolis Colts 3-5 (Last week #27)
The Colts are ranked sixth in points per game and are currently riding a two game winning streak. Marlon Mack has 308 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns in the last two contests.
25. Denver Broncos 3-5 (Last week #24)
The Broncos have lost five out of their last six games. They rank 22nd allowing 373.2 total yards per game.
26. Detroit Lions 3-4 (Last week #25)
Golden Tate led the team in receptions and receiving yards. He has 14 more catches than Kenny Golladay but only 40 more yards. Probably a big reason why Detroit has traded Golden Tate.
27. Cleveland Browns 2-5-1 (Last week #26) Maybe we should now refer to him as Baker Mayfield-Gotti. Really, how many times does the boss and under-boss get whacked at the same time?
28. Arizona Cardinals 2-6 (Last week #30)
The Cardinals have two wins on the season and there almost no similarities between the two of them. Other than the fact that they both were against the 49ers.
29. Buffalo Bills 2-6 (Last week #28)
The Bills have seven offensive touchdowns and 18 turnovers. Their defense is sixth in yards allowed but the defense is on the field too long to avoid giving up points.
30. San Francisco 49ers 1-7 (Last week #29)
The 49ers have lost six straight, three of which were by a field goal or less. They only convert 36.5% of their third downs into first downs.
31. Oakland Raiders 1-6 (Last week #31)
Well the good news is that the Raiders are trying to tank away the season, there’s not much room for you to say they aren’t. Seven out of Oakland’s last nine games are against brutal competition, including two games versus the Chiefs.
32. New York Giants 1-7 (Last week #32)
The Giants won’t have to worry about any of that playoff talk we opened up with.