- 2021 NBA Mock Draft Round Two – Hidden Gems To Be Found - June 30, 2021
- 2021 NBA Mock Draft Round One – Hidden Gems To Be Found - June 30, 2021
- NBA Western Conference Playoff Picture – Wide Open West - April 7, 2021
The second round of the NBA Draft is where front offices earn their money and reputations are formed. Sleepers are waiting to be picked. Look no further than the 2021 MVP, Nikola Jokic, a second round pick (41st overall) in the 2014 draft. Here’s a look at the second round:
31) Milwaukee Bucks: Isaiah Livers – Forward, Michigan
A diverse player who can dribble, drive and dish. He will be a solid contributor off the bench.
32) New York Knicks: Trey Murphy III – Forward, Virginia
A combo forward with guard like skills. He’ll bring some athleticism on the wing as well.
33) Orlando Magic: B.J. Boston – Shooting Guard, Kentucky
Boston’s high ceiling could make him a potential steal. He is long and talented and could become a solid three and D player.
34) Oklahoma City Thunder: Neemias Queta – Center, Utah State
He is wide with a strong frame. His defense is ahead of his offense but Quetta will add much needed up front depth.
35) New Orleans Pelicans: Max Abmas – Point Guard, Oral Roberts
Abmas is an undersized scoring machine who makes plays. He has good ball handling skills and court vision.
36) Oklahoma City Thunder: Marcus Bagley – Small Forward, Arizona State
Bagley’s versatility is his biggest asset. He’s a glue guy that may can help in multiple areas.
37) Detroit Pistons: Aaron Henry – Shooting Guard, Michigan State
A knock down shooter is always welcomed. Henry also has a sneaky handle and will defend his position.
38) Chicago Bulls: Terrence Shannon Jr. – Shooting Guard, Texas Tech
A defensive minded player with offensive capabilities. Not flashy but steady.
39) Sacramento Kings: Kessler Edwards – Small Forward, Pepperdine
A potential three and D player. Good length and wingspan will help him get deflections and rebounds.
40) New Orleans Pelicans: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl – Power Forward, Villanova
He has a high IQ, solid fundamentals and also does all the little things. His ability to handle and drive makes him valuable.
41) San Antonio Spurs: Roko Prkacin – Power Forward, Croatia
A combo forward with good size and solid all around skills. He’s a good spot up shooter and can drive past defenders.
42) Detroit Pistons: Quentin Grimes – Shooting Guard, Houston
Grimes combines a scorer’s mentality with a solid frame. He will be an instant spark off the bench.
43) New Orleans Pelicans: Ariel Hukporti, Center, Germany
Hukporti is raw but has a strong body and rim protection ability. He just needs some seasoning.
44) Brooklyn Nets: Greg Brown – Forward, Texas
A combo forward with elite athleticism and can defend multiple positions. His rebounding and rim protection are underrated.
45) Boston Celtics: Herbert Jones – Small Forward, Alabama
Jones is an athletic wing who can be a very good defender. Long arms helps him get steals and deflections.
46) Toronto Raptors: Johnny Juzang – Guard/Forward, UCLA
A crafty scoring machine who plays at his own pace. He has a solid handle and can score on all three levels.
47) Toronto Raptors: Matthew Hurt – Power Forward, Duke
Hurt is a big with a soft touch from three point range to the basket. He can face up and make plays off the dribble.
48) Atlanta Hawks: Isaiah Todd – Forward, G-League
An athletic big with stretch four potential. His strengths are rebounding and blocking shots.
49) Brooklyn Nets: Daishon Nix – Point Guard, G-League
Nix has great potential but is still learning the nuances of the game. His ball handle and ability to get to the basket will make him a good combo guard.
50) Philadelphia 76ers: Nah’Shon Hyland – Guard, VCU
A combo guard with an all around skill set. He has all the tools and potential to be a contributor.
51) Memphis Grizzlies: Joe Ayayi – Cuard, Gonzaga
Ayayi has a solid floor game and makes plays on both ends. What he does on the court isn’t stat driven but will help win games.
52) Detroit Pistons: Jay Huff – Forward/Center, Virginia
A cerebral big who does all the little things. He’ll set screens and get extra possessions with hustle.
53) New Orleans Pelicans: Miles McBride – Point Guard, West Virginia
McBride is a tough-minded defensive hound who can score. He has quick hands and great lateral agility and always plays with great effort.
54) Indiana Pacers: Filip Petrusev – Center, Serbia
A skilled back to the basket big and rim protector. He has solid footwork and hands for rebounding and finishing.
55) Oklahoma City Thunder: Johann Begarin – Shooting Guard, France
Begarin is a good athlete who can impact both ends of the floor. He’s much more than a shooter, with ball handling and court vision.
56) Charlotte Hornets: Joe Wieskamp- Small Forward, Iowa
Wieskamp is a pure sharp shooter with deep range. He has an underrated mid range game.
57) Charlotte Hornets: Luka Garza – Center, Iowa
Garza is a scoring threat who is fundamentally sound. He’s an effective rebounder as well.
58) New York Knicks: EJ Lidell – Forward, Ohio State
He’s a combo forward with good strength and soft touch. His face up ability makes him a tough matchup.
59) Brooklyn Nets: Jericho Sims – Power Forward, Texas
He’s a good rim protector, rebounder and finisher around the basket. His athletic ability allows him to play above the rim.
60) Indiana Pacers: Feron Hunt – Small Forward, SMU
Hunt is a good athlete who can rebound and defend. He also finishes well in transition.