- The Six Storylines To Watch In The MLB Offseason - November 14, 2022
- 2022 World Series Preview – Houston Vs The NL East…Again - October 27, 2022
- National League Postseason – Contender Or Pretender? - October 6, 2022
After a night of surprise returns at the Royal Rumble, the road to Wrestlemania has started to become paved. With one match made and another waiting to be announced, WWE’s third of the big four pay per views is now in the books. Friendships were put through the ringer and battle lines have been drawn in the process. What were some of the effects from Sunday night’s event? Let’s find out.
1. In another hit to the team, Jason Jordan suffered a head injury outside the ring that left Seth Rollins completely out to dry. Their contractual rematch will most likely be their last match. Seeing that Jason Jordan is building up more and more heat every week and that the match that was supposedly in the works (Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose in a match of Shield members) had a wrench thrown into it when Ambrose went down, expect the final nail in the coffin to come at Elimination Chamber.
2. With AJ Styles’ victory on Sunday night and the next time he’s defending the championship coming at Fastlane, the storyline between him, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens should be coming to an end. Zayn and Owens don’t have any hints of their future set in stone but it wouldn’t be surprising to potentially see them make a run at the SmackDown! tag team championship in the near future. Meanwhile AJ Styles will have one more title defense against Zayn and Owens before facing Shinsuke Nakamura, the Royal Rumble match winner. This match was teased earlier in the year and given that the last time these two faced off it was seen as a match of the year candidate in New Japan Pro Wrestling, we could see WWE’s first five star match since CM Punk vs John Cena at Money in the Bank in 2011.
3. Brock Lesnar retaining and Roman Reigns losing the Royal Rumble leads to the idea that a match is looking more and more possible at Wrestlemania. Kane and Braun Strowman are heading towards a rivalry to find out who the better monster is and it could involve Lesnar one more time. Either way the stage appears set for Lesnar vs Reigns as Brock Lesnar’s potential final match with the company.
The weird thing about wrestling that always needs to be taken into account is that anything can happen. The clear picture of what can happen will come following Elimination Chamber for RAW and Fastlane for SmackDown!. In either case the Road to Wrestlemania has started it’s travel.