- The Perfect Marriage- Colin Kaepernick And The NFL - June 25, 2020
- 2020 NFL Mock Draft (Revised) - April 22, 2020
- 2020 NFL Mock Draft: Gems, Steals And Busts Abound - March 6, 2020
It was a rather uneventful Saturday with half of the Top Ten having a bye. One team (Texas) fell out of the rankings. There will definitely be some movement next weekend as ranked teams clash in what will be “Shake Up Saturday.” For now, here is the latest Top Ten ranking:
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (8-0) Bye Week
Next game- at #3 LSU Tigers
2) Clemson Tigers (8-0) defeated FSU Seminoles 59-10
The Tigers blowout the Seminoles in a laughable affair. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence had a career day, going 20-37 for 314 yards with four touchdowns. Wide receiver Amari Rodgers had 156 yards receiving and two touchdowns. The defense was lights-out, harassing the opposing quarterback and completely shut down the running game (-21 yards). They made it look easy.
Next game- Louisville Cardinals
3) LSU Tigers (7-1) Bye Week
Next game- #1 Alabama Crimson Tide
4) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-0) defeated Navy Midshipmen 44-22
The Fighting Irish jumped out to a big lead and never looked back against the Midshipmen. Quarterback Ian Book looked sharp, going 27-33 for 330 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. Running back Dexter Williams had 142 yards and three touchdowns. The defense did a good job against Navy’s lethal triple option offense.
Next game- at Northwestern Wildcats
5) UCF Knights (7-0) Bye Week
Next game- Temple Owls
6) Michigan Wolverines (7-1) Bye Week
Next game- #17 Penn State Nittany Lions
7) Oklahoma Sooners (8-1) defeated Kansas State Wildcats 51-14
The Sooners corralled the sputtering Wildcats in emphatic fashion. Quarterback Kyler Murray was awesome, going 19-24 for 352 yards with three touchdowns. Running back Kennedy Brooks had 94 yards on just five carries (18.8 yards/rush)and two touchdowns. Wide receiver CerDee Lamb had 160 yards receiving and two touchdowns. The defense had no problem stopping Kansas State’s lethargic offense.
Next game- at Texas Tech Red Raiders
8) Georgia Bulldogs (7-1) defeated #12 Florida Gators 36-17
The Bulldogs used a strong second half to pull away from the Gators. Quarterback Jake Fromm was steady, going 17-24 for 240 yards with three touchdowns. Running back D’Andre Swift had over 100 yards rushing with a touchdown. The defense was good, shutting down Florida’s passing attack and containing their running game.
Next game- at #11 Kentucky Wildcats
9)Ohio State Buckeyes (7-1) Bye Week
Next game- Nebraska Cornhuskers
10) West Virginia Mountaineers (6-1) defeated Baylor Bears 58-14
The Mountaineers blew the game open with a huge second quarter outburst to dismantle the Bears. Quarterback Will Grier got back on track, going 17-27 for 353 yards with three touchdowns. Wide receivers David Sills and Gary Jennings each had over 100 yards receiving and two touchdowns. The defense was strong and opportunistic, creating four turnovers against Baylor’s offense.
Next game- at #18 Texas Longhorns