- 2022 NFL Mock Draft – Make It Count - April 21, 2022
- 2022 College Football Playoff Championship Preview: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide Vs. #3 Georgia Bulldogs - January 10, 2022
- 2021 College Football Preview – Michigan Wolverines Vs. Georgia Bulldogs - December 31, 2021
It continues to be dangerous for top ten teams, as two more go down to defeat against unranked opponents. It looks like teams at the top of the rankings are starting to sort themselves out. Let’s take a look at the most recent top ten:
1. Georgia Bulldogs (7-0) Idle
Next game- at Florida Gators
2. Cincinnati Bearcats (7-0) defeated Navy Midshipmen 27-20
The Bearcats did enough to beat a fiest7 Midshipmen team. Quarterback Desmond Ridder went 18-30 for 176 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. Running back Jerome Ford ran for 90 yards and a touchdown. The defense could not handle Navy’s rushing attack, but got the stops late to avoid the upset.
Next game- at Tulane Green Wave
3. Oklahoma Sooners (8-0) defeated Kansas Jayhawks 35-23
The Sooners shook off a dismal first half to come back for the victory against the Jayhawks. Quarterback Caleb Williams looked mortal, going 15-20 for 178 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. The defense struggled early but was better late to help preserve the win.
Next game- vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders
4. Michigan Wolverines (7-0) defeated Northwestern Wildcats 33-7
The Wolverines pounded the Wildcats for the win. Quarterback Cade McNamara went 20-27 for 129 yards. Running backs Blake Corum (119 rushing yards/two touchdowns) and Hassan Haskins (110 rushing yards/two touchdowns) controlled the game on the ground. The defense held Northwestern to 233 total yards and forced two turnovers.
Next game- at #7 Michigan State Spartans
5. Alabama Crimson Tide (7-1) defeated Tennessee Volunteers 52-24
The Crimson Tide pulled away in the second half to beat the Volunteers. Quarterback Bryce Young was sensational, going 31-43 for 371 yards and two touchdowns. He also added two rushing touchdowns. Running back Brian Robinson Jr. ran for 107 yards and three touchdowns. Wide receivers Jameson Williams (112 receiving yards) and John Metchie III (121 receiving yards/two touchdowns) opened the field up. The defense had some breakdowns in the secondary giving up some big plays, but shored up in the second half in the win.
Next game- vs. LSU Tigers
6. Ohio State Buckeyes (6-1) defeated Indiana Hoosiers 54-7
The Buckeyes destroyed the Hoosiers for the easy win. Quarterback C.J. Stroud was on target, going 21-28 for 266 yards and four touchdowns. Wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba had 99 receiving yards. The defense held Indiana’s offense to just 128 total yards.
Next game- vs. Penn State Nittany Lions
7. Michigan State Spartans (7-0) Idle
Next game- vs. #4 Michigan Wolverines
8. Kentucky Wildcats (6-1) Idle
Next game- at Mississippi State Bulldogs
9. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-0) defeated Army Black Knights 70-56
The Demon Deacons beat the Black Knights in a shootout for the victory. Quarterback Sam Hartman was outstanding, going 23-29 for 458 yards and five touchdowns. Wide receivers Jaquari Roberson (157 receiving yards/three touchdowns) and AT Perry (146 receiving yards/one touchdown) were running wild in the secondary. The defense got gashed on the ground by Army but forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs. Duke Blue Devils
10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-1) defeated USC Trojans 31-16
The Fighting Irish methodically wore down the Trojans to earn the win. Quarterback Jack Coan went 20-28 for 189 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Running back Kyren Williams ran for 138 yards and two touchdowns. The defense gave up a lot of yards but forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs. North Carolina Tar Heels