- College Football Top Ten (Week 12) – Playoff Implications - November 22, 2021
- College Football Top Ten (Week 11) – Head To Head Matters - November 15, 2021
- College Football Top Ten (Week 10) – Shifting Saturday - November 8, 2021
Here we go again with another make or miss NFL draft. The players names may change but the pass or fail picks remains the same. The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock with the top pick but there is no mystery who they are using that pick on (hint: He’s a tall quarterback with long hair). Here’s a look at what could happen:
1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence; Quarterback, Clemson – The Jaguars need a face of the franchise and they get their man in Lawrence. He can make all the throws and is an underrated runner.
2. New York Jets: Penei Sewell; Offensive Tackle, Oregon – The expectation is the Jets are taking a quarterback but instead, they get a franchise tackle to protect Sam Darnold.
3. Miami Dolphins: DeVonta Smith; Wide Receiver, Alabama – The Dolphins get the best playmaker in the draft and a player who can do it all. He is an exceptional route runner and sure handed.
4. Atlanta Falcons: Justin Fields; Quarterback, Ohio State – It’s time for the Falcons to turn the page from Matt Ryan. Fields is a dual threat who throws a great deep ball.
5. Cincinnati Bengals: Ja’Marr Chase; Wide Receiver, LSU – The Bengals got their quarterback last draft, now it’s time to get him some weapons. Chase has special written all over him. Joe Burrow is smiling.
6. Philadelphia Eagles: Jaylen Waddle; Wide Receiver, Alabama – The Eagles need someone dynamic on the outside regardless of who’s at quarterback. Not only can Waddle makes plays as a receiver, he can also impact the return game.
7. Detroit Lions: Zach Wilson; Quarterback, BYU – With Matthew Stafford’s departure imminent, a successor is in order. Wilson is a very efficient passer who can make plays with his legs as well.
8. Carolina Panthers: Micah Parsons; Inside Linebacker, Penn State – When the Panthers’ defense was good, it was linebacker driven. They get the best available in Parsons, a high motor tackling machine.
9. Denver Broncos: Gregory Rousseau; Defensive End, Miami – The Broncos need to improve their defense and what better way to do that than with a relentless pass rusher? Rousseau has strong hands and great bend.
10. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Surtain Jr.; Cornerback, Alabama – The Cowboys need help on defense, especially the back end. Surtain Jr. has shutdown ability and the genetics from his former NFL dad.
11. New York Giants: Kyle Pitts; Tight End, Florida – The Giants need to give Daniel Jones more passing options. Don’t be fooled, Pitts is listed as a tight end but has wide receiver skills. He’s a matchup nightmare.
12. San Francisco 49ers: Caleb Farley; Cornerback, Virginia Tech – The Niners need to shore up the secondary and plan for life after Richard Sherman. Farley is long, fits their system and is a sure tackler in space.
13. Los Angeles Chargers: Christian Darrisaw; Offensive Tackle, Virginia Tech – The Chargers’ passing attack has the makings of being lethal with Justin Herbert pulling the trigger. Darrisaw will help give him time to throw.
14. Minnesota Vikings: Christian Baremore; Defensive Tackle, Alabama – The Vikings need to solidify the defensive line. Batemore can not only stop the run but can also apply quarterback pressure up the middle.
15. New England Patriots: Mac Jones; Quarterback, Alabama – The Patriots need a signal caller that Coach Bill Belichick can work with. Jones has the intangibles the Patriots like and he’s deadly accurate.
16. Arizona Cardinals: Kwity Paye; Defensive End, Michigan – With an already explosive offense, the Cardinals go defense. Adding a talented pass rusher never hurts. Paye has an array of moves to get to the quarterback.
17. Las Vegas Raiders: Carlos Basham Jr.; Defensive End, Wake Forest – The defense needs upgrading and pass rushers are at a premium. Basham Jr. has a quick first step and is twitchy off the edge.
18. Miami Dolphins: Samuel Cosmi; Offensive Tackle, Texas – Protecting Tua Tagovailoa is a priority and Miami makes good on that with this pick. Cosmi has long arms and a nasty disposition.
19. Washington Football Team: Trey Lance; Quarterback, North Dakota State – Washington needs to get this right after the Dwayne Haskins fiasco. Lance has the tools to be an NFL starter and the potential to be a franchise quarterback.
20. Chicago Bears: Tevin Jenkins; Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma State – The Bears need to shore up the offensive line. Jenkins is an athletic blocker and has the versatility to fit any scheme.
21. Indianapolis Colts: Kyle Trask; Quarterback, Florida – With Philip Rivers retiring and questions whether Jacoby Brissett is the long term answer, a quarterback here makes sense. Trask has a big arm and is a fiery competitor to match.
22. Tennessee Titans: Jayson Oweh; Defensive End, Penn State – The Titans’ pass rush was problematic and exposed their secondary. Adding Oweh can help: he’s a speed rusher with great technique.
23. New York Jets: Travis Etienne; Running Back, Clemson – The Jets can help Sam Darnold by getting him an every down back who is also a threat out the backfield as a pass catcher.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Rashawn Slater; Offensive Guard, Northwestern – The Steelers need to get younger across the offensive line. Slater is versatile: he can play every position on the offensive line, which makes him a steal here.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alex Leatherwood; Offensive Tackle, Alabama – The Jaguars get their franchise quarterback…so they better protect him. Leatherwood can pass and run block well because of outstanding footwork.
26. Cleveland Browns: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah; Outside Linebacker, Notre Dame – The Browns need players behind a talented defensive line who can make plays. Owusu-Koramoah is a sure tackler and can pressure the passer.
27. Baltimore Ravens: Joseph Ossai; Outside Linebacker, Texas – The Ravens entertain a receiver but instead go with defense. Ossai is a good choice. He can drop back in coverage and is a sure handed tackler.
28. New Orleans Saints: Azeez Olujari; Outside Linebacker, Georgia – The Saints need to add playmakers to their linebacker group. Olujari is athletic and can cover a lot of ground.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jaelan Phillips; Defensive End, Miami – The Buccaneers need to add pass rushers so they don’t always have to blitz to get pressure on the quarterback.
30. Buffalo Bills: Jaycee Horn; Cornerback, South Carolina – The Bills need someone opposite Tre’Davious White to shore up the secondary. Horn is a ball hawk who will come up and support the run.
31. Green Bay Packers: Zavin Collins; Inside Linebacker, Tulsa – The Packers’ offense is fine, their defense can improve. Collins gives them a leader in the middle of their defense who can also apply pressure on the quarterback.
32. Kansas City Chiefs: Jordan Smith; Defensive End, UAB – The Chiefs’ offense is on another level but the defense could use some juice. Enter Smith, a pass rush specialist who can disrupt a passing attack.
33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Shaun Wade; Cornerback, Ohio State
34. New York Jets: Rashod Bateman; Wide Receiver, Minnesota
35. Miami Dolphins: Najee Harris; Running Back. Alabama
36. Atlanta Falcons: Quincy Roche; Defensive End, Miami
37. Cincinnati Bengals: Alijah Vera-Tucker; Offensive Tackle, USC
38. Philadelphia Eagles: Asante Samuel Jr.; Cornerback, Florida State
39. Detroit Lions: Kadarius Toney; Wide Receiver, Florida
40. Carolina Panthers: Dylan Moses; Inside Linebacker, Alabama
41. Denver Broncos: Tyson Campbell; Cornerback, Georgia
42. Dallas Cowboys: Marvin Wilson; Defensive Tackle, Florida State
43. New York Giants: Elijah Molden; Cornerback, Washington
44. San Francisco 49ers: Wyatt Davis; Offensive Guard, Ohio State
45. Los Angeles Chargers: Trey Smith; Offensive Guard, Tennessee
46. Jacksonville Jaguars: Pat Freiermuth; Tight End, Notre Dame
47. New England Patriots: Amon-Ra St. Brown; Wide Receiver, USC
48. Arizona Cardinals: Greg Newsome II; Cornerback, Northwestern
49. Las Vegas Raiders: Landon Dickerson; Offensive Center, Alabama
50. Miami Dolphins: Josh Myers; Offensive Center, Ohio State
51. Washington Football Team: Trevon Moehrig; Safety, TCU
52. Chicago Bears: Rondale Moore; Wide Receiver, Purdue
53. Indianapolis Colts: Ifeatu Melifonwu; Cornerback, Syracuse
54. Tennessee Titans: Levi Onwuzurike; Defensive Tackle, Washington
55. Seattle Seahawks: Payton Turner; Defensive End, Houston
56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Walker Little; Offensive Tackle, Stanford
57. Los Angeles Rams: Chazz Surrant; Inside Linebacker, North Carolina
58. Cleveland Browns: Alim McNeill; Defensive Tackle, North Carolina State
59. Baltimore Ravens: Elijah Moore; Wide Receiver, Ole Miss
60. New Orleans Saints: Ar’Darius Washington; Safety, TCU
61. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Daviyon Nixon; Defensive Tackle, Iowa
62. Buffalo Bills: Nick Bolton; Outside Linebacker, Missouri
63. Green Bay Packers: Rashad Weaver; Defensive End, Pittsburg
64. Kansas City Chiefs: Cameron McGrone; Inside Linebacker, Michigan
65. Jacksonville Jaguars: Patrick Jones II; Defensive End, Pittsburgh
66. New York Jets: Dayo Odeyingbo; Defensive End, Vanderbilt
67. Houston Texans: Roger McCreary; Cornerback, Auburn
68. Atlanta Falcons: Brenton Cox Jr.; Outside Linebacker, Florida
69. Cincinnati Bengals: Creed Humphrey; Offensive Center, Oklahoma
70. Philadelphia Eagles: Joe Tryon; Outside Linebacker, Washington
71. Detroit Lions: Monty Rice; Outside Linebacker, Georgia
72. Carolina Panthers: Liam Eichenberg; Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame
73. Denver Broncos: Tyler Shelvin; Defensive Tackle, LSU
74. Dallas Cowboys: Jackson Carman; Offensive Tackle, Clemson
75. New York Giants: Drake Jackson; Inside Linebacker, USC
76. Washington Football Team: Jalen Mayfield; Offensive Tackle, Michigan
77. Los Angeles Chargers: Tay Gowan; Cornerback, UCF
78. Minnesota Vikings: Jevon Holland; Safety, Oregon
79. New England Patriots: Forfeit
80. Arizona Cardinals: Brevin Jordan; Tight End, Miami
81. Las Vegas Raiders: Jabril Cox; Outside Linebacker, LSU
82. Miami Dolphins: Deonte Brown; Offensive Guard, Alabama
83. Washington Football Team: Tulane Wallace; Wide Receiver, Oklahoma State
84. Chicago Bears: Aaron Banks; Offensive Guard, Notre Dame
85. Indianapolis Colts: Terrance Marshall; Wide Receiver, LSU
86. Tennessee Titans: Eric Stokes; Cornerback, Georgia
87. New York Jets: Paulson Adebo; Cornerback, Stanford
88. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darius Stills; Defensive Tackle, West Virginia
89. Los Angeles Rams: Daniel Faalele; Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M
90. Cleveland Browns: Shakur Brown; Cornerback, Michigan State
91. Minnesota Vikings: Brady Christensen; Offensive Tackle, BYU
92. Cleveland Browns: Kingsley Enagbare; Defensive End, South Carolina
93. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Javonte Williams; Running Back, North Carolina
94. Buffalo Bills: Hamilcar Rashad Jr.; Defensive End, Oregon State
95. Green Bay Packers: Abraham Lucas; Offensive Tackle, Washington State
96. Kansas City Chiefs: K.J. Britt; Inside Linebacker, Auburn