- 2022 NFL Mock Draft – Make It Count - April 21, 2022
- 2022 College Football Playoff Championship Preview: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide Vs. #3 Georgia Bulldogs - January 10, 2022
- 2021 College Football Preview – Michigan Wolverines Vs. Georgia Bulldogs - December 31, 2021
Nothing has been “normal” about this college football season due to the health epidemic. There was even doubt it would be played. But after careful consideration (by consideration, I mean the money college football generates), it was decided that the season could be played. There is still debate whether the season could be completed or the players protected properly.
Now the all Power 5 conferences are scheduled to play, it is time to start the rankings. Here is the first top ten after three weeks.
1) Clemson Tigers (2-0) Idle
Next game- vs. Virginia Cavaliers
2) Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) defeated Missouri Tigers 38-19
Quarterback Mac Jones was effective, going 18-24 for 249 yards with two touchdowns in a half of work. Running back Najee Harris ran for 98 yards and three touchdowns. Wide receivers Jalen Waddle had 134 receiving yards and two touchdowns. With the defense finally healthy, it stuffed the run game and made the Tigers one dimensional. Forcing two turnovers helped their cause.
Next game- vs. #10 Texas A&M Aggies
3) Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) Idle
Next game- vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers
4) Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) defeated Arkansas Razorbacks 37-10
Quarterback Matt Bennett replaced an ineffective D’wan Mathis and was solid ,going 20-29 for 211 yards with two touchdowns. The defense kept them in the game early until the offense woke up. They held the Razorbacks under 300 total yards and forced three turnovers.
Next game- vs. #8 Auburn Tigers
5) Florida Gators (1-0) defeated Ole Miss 51-35
Quarterback Kyle Trask was brilliant, going 30-42 for 416 yards with six touchdowns. Wide receiver Kyle Pitts had 170 receiving yards and four touchdowns. The defense was solid despite giving up over 600 total yards, most of which was gained with the game out of reach.
Next game- vs. South Carolina Gamecocks
6) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) Idle
Next game- at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
7) Texas Longhorns (2-0) defeated Texas Tech Red Raiders 63-56 OT
Quarterback Sam Ehlinger had a productive game, going 27-40 for 262 yards with five touchdowns and an interception. The defense struggled all game containing the Red Raiders passing attack but made the plays in overtime to help secure the win.
Next game- vs. Texas Christian Horned Frogs
8) Auburn Tigers (1-0) defeated #23 Kentucky Wildcats 29-13
Quarterback Bo Nix did enough to get the win, going 16-27 for 233 yards with three touchdowns. Wide receiver Seth Williams had 112 receiving yards and two touchdowns. The defense gave up yards but not points and forced three turnovers.
Next game- at #4 Georgia Bulldogs
9) Miami Hurricanes (3-0) defeated Florida State Seminoles 52-10
Quarterback D’Eriq King accounted for 322 total yards and two touchdowns. The defense made easy work against an inept Seminole offense and forced three turnovers.
Next game- at #1 Clemson Tigers
10) Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) defeated Vanderbilt Commodores 17-12
Quarterback Kellen Mond was very pedestrian, going 17-28 for 189 yards with a touchdown. Running back Isaiah Spiller rushed for 117 yards. The defense did its job, holding the Commodores offense under 300 total yards and forced two turnovers.
Next game- at #2 Alabama Crimson Tide