- College Football Top Ten Week 1 -Welcome Back To The Tailgate - September 7, 2022
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft – Make It Count - April 21, 2022
- 2022 College Football Playoff Championship Preview: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide Vs. #3 Georgia Bulldogs - January 10, 2022
As the College Football season begins to ramp up, we are starting to see tougher matchups around the country. It will get even crazier when the Big Ten and PAC 12 begin their respective schedules. Three top ten teams lost this week, causing an early shake up in the rankings. Some new teams making their top ten debut makes it more interesting. Here’s the new top ten.
1) Clemson Tigers (3-0) defeated Virginia Cavaliers 41-23
Quarterback Trevor Lawrence was on his game, going 25-38 for 329 yards with three touchdowns. Running back Travis Etienne had 114 receiving yards and a touchdown. The defense bent a little, giving up some yards but caused two turnovers.
Next game- vs. #7 Miami Hurricanes
2) Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) defeated #10 Texas A&M 52-24
Quarterback Mac Jones was brilliant, going 20-27 for 435 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Wide receivers John Metchie III (181 receiving yards/two touchdowns) and Jaylen Waddle (142 receiving yards/one touchdown) were uncoverable. The defense is still working out some kinks regarding the passing game but did force two turnovers, including a pick six.
Next game- at Ole Miss
3) Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) defeated #8 Auburn Tigers 27-6
Quarterback Stetson Bennett managed the game, going 17-28 for 240 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver Kearis Jackson was Bennett’s go to, with nine catches for 147 yards. The defense was stout in giving up only 216 total yards.
Next game- vs. #9 Tennessee Volunteers
4) Florida Gators (2-0) defeated South Carolina Gamecocks 38-24
Quarterback Kyle Trask was sharp, going 21-29 for 268 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. The defense did its job containing South Carolina’s offense and forcing a turnover.
Next game- vs. #18 Texas A&M Aggies
5) Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) Idle
Next game- vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers
6) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) Idle
Next game- at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
7) Miami Hurricanes (3-0) Idle
Next game- at #1 Clemson Tigers
8) Cincinnati Bearcats (3-0) defeated South Florida Bulls 28-7
Quarterback Desmond Ridder was very pedestrian, going 16-26 for 143 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. Running back Gerrid Doaks rushed for 102 yards and a touchdown. The defense was suffocating, giving up under 300 total yards and forcing five turnovers.
Next game- at Tulsa Golden Hurricanes
9) Tennessee Volunteers (2-0) defeated Missouri Tigers 35-12
Quarterback Jarrett Guarantano was serviceable, going 14-23 for 190 yards and a touchdown. Running back Eric Gray ran for 105 yards and a touchdown. The defense gave up some yards but not many points to help preserve the win.
Next game- at #3 Georgia Bulldogs
10) North Carolina Tarheels (2-0) defeated Boston College Eagles 26-22
Quarterback Sam Howell was decent, going 14-26 for 225 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. Running back Michael Carter was a workhorse, rushing for 121 yards. The defense completely shut down the run and forced Boston College to throw all day, which is not their strength.