- 2020 College Football Top 10 – Separation Saturday - December 7, 2020
- 2020 College Football Top 10 – Crunch Time! - November 30, 2020
- Top 10 NBA Undrafted Rookie Free Agents - November 23, 2020
The college football season is winding down and teams are jockeying for playoff position. It has come down to seven teams with a realistic shot at the college football playoff. Unfortunately, the committee is not sold on undefeated BYU by their position in the first playoff ranking (#14). Here the latest top 10 rankings:
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (8-0) defeated #21 Auburn Tigers 42-13
Quarterback Mac Jones was awesome, going 18-26 for 302 yards and five touchdowns. Running back Najee Harris ran for 96 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver DeVonta Smith had 171 receiving yards and two touchdowns. The defense bought its A game, shutting down the Tigers’ rushing attack and making them one dimensional. They also forced two turnovers.
Next game- at LSU Tigers
2) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (9-0) defeated North Carolina Tarheels 31-17
Quarterback Ian Book was efficient, going 23-33 for 279 yards and a touchdown. Running back Kyren Williams ran for 124 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver Javon McKinley had 135 receiving yards. The defense held the Tarheels’ prolific offense under 300 total yards.
Next game- vs. Syracuse Orange
3) Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) Cancelled (Illinois Fighting Illini)
Next game- at Michigan State Spartans
4) Cincinnati Bearcats (8-0) Cancelled (Temple Owls)
Next game- at #18 Tulsa Golden Hurricanes
5) Brigham Young Cougars (9-0) Idle
Next game- vs. San Diego State Aztecs
6) Clemson Tigers (8-1) defeated Pittsburgh Panthers 52-17
Quarterback Trevor Lawrence was superb, going 26-37 for 403 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver Cornell Powell had 176 receiving yards and a touchdown. The defense held the Panthers’ offense under 300 total yards and forced five turnovers.
Next game- at Virginia Tech Hokies
7) Texas A&M Aggies (6-1) defeated LSU Tigers 20-7
Quarterback Kellen Mond was terrible, going 11-34 for 105 yards. Running back Isaiah Souller was the offense, rushing for 141 yards and a touchdown. The defense was stout, holding the Tigers’ offense under 300 total yards and forced two turnovers.
Next game- at Auburn Tigers
8) Florida Gators ((7-1) defeated Kentucky Wildcats 34-10
Quarterback Kyle Trask was on point, going 21-27 for 256 yards and three touchdowns. Tight end Kyle Pitts had 99 receiving yards and three touchdowns. The defense held the Wildcats’ offense under 250 total yards and forced three turnovers.
Next game- at Tennessee Volunteers
9) Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (9-0) defeated Texas State Bobcats 49-14
Quarterback Grayson McCall was nothing special, going 11-18 for 154 yards and two touchdowns. Running back CJ Marable ran for 157 yards and three touchdowns. The defense held the Bobcats’ offense in check and forced a turnover.
Next game- vs. #14 Liberty Flames
10) Miami Hurricanes (7-1) Idle
Next game- vs. North Carolina Tarheels