Latest posts by Ab Stanley (see all)
- Still Here-The Patriots Win Superbowl 53 - February 3, 2019
- The Mortality Of The Immortals-The New England Patriots Superbowl 53 Preview - February 1, 2019
- Revenge Of The Herd-The Los Angeles Rams Superbowl 53 Preview - February 1, 2019
With the NFL Pro-Bowl rosters announced, each team with a representative can bask in that player’s greatness. For some individuals this will be the biggest honor they will ever receive. For others, it’s just another award they can place on their mantle along with the others. Let’s take a look at some of the best performers for the last few weeks and the season.
- Los Angeles Chargers 11-3 (Last week #5)
Phillip Rivers is tied for third in the NFL with 31 touchdown passes. He needs 49 passing yards to reach 4,000 yards for the tenth time in his career.
- New Orleans Saints 12-2 (Last week #2)
Alvin Kamara has 12 rushing touchdowns and 16 overall. He has 1,487 yards total yards from scrimmage.
- Houston Texans 10-4 (Last week #4)
DeAndre Hopkins is third in the NFL with 1,321 receiving yards. He’s tied for fourth with 11 touchdowns catches.
- Chicago Bears 10-4 (Last week #6)
Khalil Mack has 42 tackles, with 12.5 sacks, nine tackles for loss and six forced fumbles. The Bears are ranked third overall in defense and have clinched a division title behind his play.
- Kansas City Chiefs 11-3 (Last week #1)
Travis Kelce has 1,220 receiving yards and ten receiving touchdowns this season. He is in the top ten in both categories.
- Los Angeles Rams 11-2 (Last week #3)
Todd Gurley needs 169 yards from scrimmage to have back to back 2,000 yard seasons. He leads the NFL with 17 rushing touchdowns and 21 total touchdowns on the season.
- New England Patriots 9-5 (Last week #7)
Tom Brady has 3,979 passing yards, with 24 touchdowns and only nine interceptions. With 21 more yards he will reach 4,000 passing yards in a season for the tenth time.
- Pittsburgh Steelers 8-5-1 (Last week #11)
Ben Roethlisberger is second in the NFL with 4,462 yards and a 318.7 passing yards per game average. Its the sixth season where he has thrown for at least 4,000 yards.
- Baltimore Raven 8-6 (Last week #10)
Linebacker C.J. Mosley is on his way to another 100 tackle season. He’s only failed to reach 100 tackles in only one of his previous four seasons.
- Dallas Cowboys 8-6 (Last week #8)
Ezekiel Elliot leads the NFL with 1,349 rushing yards and 1,892 yards from scrimmage. He’s made the Pro-Bowl two out of the three seasons he’s been in the NFL.
- Indianapolis Colts 8-6 (last week #13)
Andrew Luck is second in the NFL with 34 touchdowns. He’s only had one losing season as the Colts starter.
- Tennessee Titans 8-6 (Last week #14)
Derrick Henry has rushed for 408 yards and 6 touchdowns in his last two games. Head Coach Mike Vrabel finally has the smash-mouth offense he envisioned when he took the job.
- Seattle Seahawks 8-6 (Last week #9)
Russell Wilson has a quarterback rating of 111.6 on the season. Its his fourth season as a starter with at least a 100.0 rating
- Minnesota Vikings7-6-1 (Last week #15)
Adam Thielen has nine games this season where he gained 100 or more receiving yards. He is second in the NFL with 105 receptions and has 1,255 receiving yards this season.
- Philadelphia Eagles 7-7 (Last week #17)
Tight end Zach Ertz is third in the NFL with 101 catches. He leads the Eagles with 1,038 receiving yards and receiving touchdowns with six.
- Miami Dolphins 7-7 (Last week #12)
Xavier Howard is tied for the NFL lead with seven interceptions. The Dolphins rank second in the NFL with 20 interceptions on the year.
- Washington Redskins 7-7 (Last week #19)
Ryan Kerrigan has consistently been the Redskins best pass rusher for the last couple of years. On the season he has 41 tackles, 13 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks.
- Cleveland Browns 6-7-1 (Last week #22)
Baker Mayfield has thrown for 3,065 yards and 21 touchdowns in 11 starts this season. The last time a Browns quarterback threw for at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns was Derek Anderson in 2007.
- Denver Broncos 6-8 (Last week #15)
Even after gaining just 54 yards in his last two games, Phillip Lindsay Lindsay is fifth in rushing overall this season with 991 yards. He is second among rookie running backs with 1,221 total yards from scrimmage.
- Carolina Panthers 6-8 (Last week #18)
Christian McCaffrey is fourth in the NFL with 1,747 from scrimmage. He leads the Panthers in both rushing and receiving.
- Buffalo Bills 5-9 (Last week #23)
Rookie linebacker Tremaine Edmunds has 98 tackles, ten pass deflections, one interception and four tackles for a loss. Edmunds is not of legal drinking age yet.
- Cincinnati Bengals 6-8 (Last week #20)
Geno Atkins has 41 tackles, 13 tackles for a loss and ten sacks. He will make his fifth straight Pro-Bowl appearance.
- Green Bay Packers 5-8 (Last week #25)
Devante Adams has 100 receptions for 1,315 yards and 12 touchdowns. He is in the top five in each category.
- Atlanta Falcons 5-9 (Last week #28)
Julio Jones has 100 receptions on the season and it’s his first season with 100 or more receptions since 2015. He leads the NFL with 1,511 receiving yards.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5-9 (Last week #21)
Mike Evans has 74 catches for 1,328 yards and five touchdowns this season. He has gained at least 1,000 receiving yards in every one if his five seasons in the NFL.
- New York Giants 5-9 (Last week #24)
Saquon Barkley is third in the NFL with 1,155 rushing yards. Playing behind a weak offensive line with an aging quarterback, Barkley has proven to be the ultimate weapon.
- Detroit Lions 5-9 (Last week #26)
Cornerback Darius Slay has made his second straight Pro-Bowl appearance. He has 15 pass deflections on the season with 37 tackles, and one interception.
- San Francisco 49ers 4-10 (Last week #30)
Tight end George Kittle has 72 receptions for 1,154 yards. He has nearly doubled his production from the 2017 season.
- Jacksonville Jaguars 4-10 (Last week #27)
Jalen Ramsey has three interceptions on the season with 57 tackles and 11 pass deflections. He’s Jacksonville’s only representative in the Pro Bowl.
- New York Jets 4-10 (last week #29)
Safety Jamal Adams has 94 tackles, one interception, 12 pass deflections, three forced fumbles and 3.5 sacks on the season.
- Arizona Cardinals 3-11 (Last week #31)
Larry Fitzgerald has 59 receptions for 645 yards this season. Its the first time since 2014 he will fail to reach 100 receptions and 1,000 yards.
- Oakland Raiders 3-11 (last week #32)
Tight end Jared Cook leads the Raiders with 63 catches for 848 yards and six touchdowns.