Latest posts by Allen Fields (see all)
- 2019-20 NBA Top Ten Players: Let The Debates Begin - January 22, 2020
- 2019-2020 College Football National Championship Preview- A Tiger Fight - January 11, 2020
- A Chip On Their Shoulders – Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl Preview - December 28, 2019
The New York Knicks are off to a better start then most figured at 6-4. Power forward Kristaps Porzingis is playing great and looks to be the player they can build around. The core of Frank Ntilikina, Willie Hernangomez, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Porzingis is a start. Looking at this Knicks team, the next step is to figure out what they need to fill in the gaps. They absolutely need another effective wing player. With that said, there are 3 free agents the Knicks should target:
1) Glenn Robinson III (Indiana), 23 years old, 6’7”, G/F-Robinson is young with good size and athleticism. Most importantly, he has the foundation to be a good defender and offer versatility as a two way player. Right now, he’s a slasher and finisher who is still developing and defining his game. Robinson is good in the open court, but still needs to work on his jumper and expand his range. His mid range game is getting better, which is a promising sign. He could easily blend in and grow with the Knicks’ core.
2) Robert Covington (Philadelphia), 26 years old, 6’9”, SF-Covington is a classic wing with great size. He is a terrific long range shooter and can really spread the floor. He rebounds well and is a solid defender, but needs to work on his handle and mid range game. He is a sneaky finisher around the basket. He needs to develop a post game to punish smaller defenders. Covington could form a nice forward tandem with Porzingis.
3) Mario Hezonja (Orlando), 22 years old, 6’8”, G/F– Hezonja is still a relative unknown in his second season. He has not gotten a lot of playing time. The young forward has the size to see over the defense and shoot over defenders. His reputation is of a knockdown shooter, but he needs a lot of work everywhere else, including defense. His potential could be worth the risk. He and Porzingis would form a deadly shooting duo.