- Major League Soccer to Adopt New Playoff Structure in 2019 - December 17, 2018
- Atlanta United Wins Eastern Conference Championship, Advances To MLS Cup - November 30, 2018
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. NYCFC - November 3, 2018
ATLANTA (Sept. 14, 2018) – Atlanta United returns to action on Saturday, Sept. 15 when it travels to face Colorado Rapids at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Atlanta enters the weekend in second place in the Supporters’ Shield Standings (16-5-6, 54 points) while Colorado sits in eleventh place in the Western Conference (6-15-6, 24 points). The match is scheduled to kick-off at 3:30 p.m. EST and will be nationally televised on Univision.
Atlanta is coming off a 3-1 loss against D.C. United on Sept. 2 at Audi Field in Washington, D.C. Luciano Acosta scored a brace and Wayne Rooney contributed a goal and two assists to give D.C. its first win over Atlanta this season. Jeff Larentowicz scored his first goal of the season for Atlanta, heading in a corner from Ezequiel Barco in the 39th minute.
Colorado lost 2-0 to Portland Timbers on Sept. 8 at Providence Park. Jeremy Ebobisse and Diego Valeri scored for Portland, while Sebastian Blanco provided both assists. Colorado has lost its last three matches and is 5-6-3 this season at home.
Saturday, Sept. 15 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO |3:30 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (16-5-6, 54 points) vs. Colorado Rapids (6-15-6, 24 points)
English TV | Univision
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game (local)
2:30 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
3 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
- Atlanta United-Colorado Rapids game notes
- Atlanta United 2018 media guide
- Atlanta United match day photos
- Atlanta United head coach Tata Martino
- On injury updates, Darlington Nagbe, Colorado
- Atlanta United defender Michael Parkhurst
- On playing three games in eight days, altitude
- Atlanta United goalkeeper Brad Guzan
- On altitude, Nagbe, road trip