Latest posts by New York Liberty (see all)
- Shavonte Zellous And Liberty Stun Sun At The Buzzer, 79-76 - July 11, 2018
- Liberty Hang On To Beat Fever, 78-75 - June 10, 2018
- Charles Nets 34; Zellous Drills Late Three To Seal Come-From-Behind Victory Over Dallas 94-89 - May 30, 2018
The New York Liberty (7-4) overcame a 10-point deficit in the 2nd half to outlast the Dallas Wings (4-8) 102-93 on Friday night at College Park Center in Arlington, Texas. Shavonte Zellous hit a game-tying shot with 0.6 remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime, and New York took its 1st lead since 24-22 in the 1st quarter when Sugar Rodgers sunk a pair of free throws in overtime.
Tina Charles posted her 5th double-double of the season, finishing with 25 points and 10 rebounds, while Zellous scored a game-high 28 points to go along with 8 rebounds and 6 assists. The Liberty outscored Dallas 14-5 in overtime, after limiting the Wings to just 34.0 percent shooting in the 2nd half.
Sugar Rodgers finished with 19 points, sinking 5-of-9 from 3-point range, and Bria Hartley scored a season-high 17 points, reaching double figures for the 3rd time over the previous 6 games.
New York returns to action on Friday, June 23, when it hosts the Connecticut Sun at Madison Square Garden for Pride Night. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 PM.
New York Liberty Notes
• Shavonte Zellous finished with a season-high 28 points to score in double figures in 6-straight games for the 1st time since June 20-July 1, 2014- Zellous also led the Liberty with 6 assists and had 8 rebounds
• Shavonte Zellous sent the game to overtime with a 15-foot jumper with .6 remaining in regulation
• New York was playing its 1st overtime game of the season after playing in 6 OT games in 2016; New York was 3-3 in OT games last season
• Sugar Rodgers’ pair of free throws with 2:53 in overtime gave the Liberty a 92-91 lead, its 1st lead since it was 24-22 in the 1st quarter
• New York trailed by as many as 10 in the 2nd half (55-45), erasing a double-digit deficit for the 1st time this season
• The Liberty’s previous largest deficit overcome in 2017 was 7 points, 64-57, also against Dallas – June 2, at Madison Square Garden
• Bria Hartley finished with a season-high 17 points to score in double figures for the 3rd time over the last 6 games
• Tina Charles posted her 6th game of at least 20 points, finishing with 25 after scoring a career-high 36 in the 1st meeting with Dallas on June 2 at Madison Square Garden
• Tina Charles also hauled in 10 rebounds for her team-leading 5th double-double of the season
• Center Amanda Zahui B scored a season-high 7 points off the bench
• The Liberty were outscored 38-36 in the paint, picking up its 1st win of the year when being outscored on the interior
• New York picked up its 1st-ever win at College Park Center; this was the Liberty’s 2nd-ever trip to Dallas, they lost 84-11 on Sept. 11, 2016