Latest posts by Allen Fields (see all)
- Another Opportunity: Toronto Raptors vs. Golden State Warriors Game 6 Preview - June 13, 2019
- One Win Away- Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors Game 5 NBA Finals Preview - June 10, 2019
- 2019 NBA Mock Draft - June 10, 2019
There is a new entry to the top ten and a few teams leaped one another but it was overall an uneventful second week. The favorites took care of business. Here is the week two College Football Top 10.
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) defeated Arkansas State Red Wolves 57-7
The Tide simply overwhelmed the Red Wolves. Tua Tagovailoa was outstanding again and Jalen Hurts was good as well. The offense was explosive for the second straight week. The defense was good but not up to Coach Nick Saban’s standard yet.
Next game- at Mississippi Rebels
2) Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) defeated #24 South Carolina Gamecocks 41-17
This was an impressive road win against a ranked SEC opponent. Jake Fromm was average but his job seems safe for now. The running game was the story, piling up 271 yards. The defense was strong, creating havoc all over the field.
Next game- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders
3) Clemson Tigers (2-0) defeated Texas A&M Aggies 28-26
The Tigers escaped College Station with a win on a questionable call. Quarterback Kelly Bryant was efficient passing and did enough to quiet any quarterback controversy talk. The defense was stout against the run but looked vulnerable against the pass. That needs to be fixed.
Next game- Georgia Southern Eagles
4) Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) defeated New Mexico Lobos 45-14
The Badgers finally got Jonathan Taylor going with 253 yards. Quarterback Alex Hornibrook was accurate passing but will need to make plays down the field to keep defenses honest. The defense did it’s usual workmanlike job.
Next game- BYU Cougars
5) Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) defeated Rutgers Scarlet Knights 52-3
The Buckeyes made easy work of the Scarlet Knights. Quarterback Dwayne Haskins was excellent again, throwing four touchdown passes. The defense essentially had a day off but did their job.
Next game- at #15 TCU Horned Frogs
6) Oklahoma Sooners (2-0) defeated UCLA Bruins 49-21
The Sooners jumped out to a big lead and cruised to the victory. Quarterback Kyler Murray was very good, accounting for five touchdowns. The defense has been much improved and could be the difference this season.
Next game- at Iowa State Cyclones
7) Auburn Tigers (2-0) defeated Alabama State Hornets 63-9
The Tigers dominated am outmatched Hornets team. The rushing attack was on full display, scoring five touchdowns with 429 yards. The defense was making plays and causing turnovers all day.
Next game- #12 LSU Tigers
8) Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) defeated Pittsburgh Panthers 51-6
The Nittany Lions took care of the Panthers in convincing fashion. Quarterback Trace McSorley was not good but did throw two touchdown passes. The running game was better with 200 plus yards. The defense looked much better against the pass but was gashed for 250 rushing yards.
Next game- Kent State Golden Flashes
9) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) defeated Ball State Cardinals 24-16
The Fighting Irish got away with one against an inferior opponent. Quarterback Brandon Wimbush threw for a lot of yards but made too many mistakes with 3 interceptions. The running game could not get it going. The defense made enough plays to get the job done.
Next game- Vanderbilt Commodores
10) LSU Tigers (2-0) defeated SE Louisiana Lions 31-0
The Tigers crash the top ten by making quick work of the Lions. Quarterback Joe Burrows was less then average but did throw two touchdown passes. The good news is they found their running back in Nick Brossette, who had 137 yards. The defense smothered the Lions.
Next game- at #7 Auburn Tigers