- College Football Top Ten Week 1 -Welcome Back To The Tailgate - September 7, 2022
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft – Make It Count - April 21, 2022
- 2022 College Football Playoff Championship Preview: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide Vs. #3 Georgia Bulldogs - January 10, 2022
The College Football rankings have fluctuated somewhat every week since week one, which makes for a fun and unpredictable top ten. It’s about the little guys getting their due and opportunity to run with the big dogs. You still have the usual powerhouses occupying top spots. Here is the latest Top Ten:
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (6-0) defeated Mississippi State Bulldogs 41-0
Quarterback Mac Jones was on point, going 24-31 for 291 yards and four touchdowns. Running back Najee Harris added 119 rushing yards. Wide receiver DeVonta Smith had a huge game with 203 receiving yards and four touchdowns. The defense was stout in this shutout victory, holding the Bulldogs’ offense to 200 total yards and forcing three turnovers.
Next game- at LSU Tigers
2) Clemson Tigers (7-0) defeated Boston College Eagles 34-28
Trevor Lawrence wasn’t available but freshman DJ Uiagalelei was sensational, going 30-41 for 342 yards with two touchdowns and added a rushing touchdown. Running back Travis Etienne (140 receiving yards/one touchdown) and wide receiver Cornell Powell (105 receiving yards) were big targets all game. The defense struggled in the first half but shut down the Eagles’ offense in the second half.
Next game- at #5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
3) Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) defeated Penn State Nittany Lions 38-25
Quarterback Justin Fields was awesome, going 28-34 for 318 yards and four touchdowns. Running back Master Teague III ran for 110 yards and a touchdown. Wide receivers Chris Olave (120 receiving yards/two touchdowns) and Garrett Wilson (111 receiving yards) had big games. The defense gave up some late yards and points but was solid throughout, pressuring the Nittany Lion quarterback.
Next game- vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights
4) Cincinnati Bearcats (5-0) defeated Memphis Tigers 49-10
Quarterback Desmond Ridder was efficient, going 21-26 for 271 yards with three touchdowns and an interception. Running back Jerome Ford ran for 116 yards and two touchdowns. The defense was its usual stingy self and forced a turnover.
Next game- vs. Houston Cougars
5) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (6-0) defeated Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 31-13
Quarterback Ian Book was pedestrian, going 18-26 for 199 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver Javon McKinley had 93 receiving yards. The defense held the Yellow Jackets’ offense to 238 total yards and forced a turnover.
Next game- vs. #2 Clemson Tigers
6) Brigham Young Cougars (7-0) defeated Western Kentucky 41-10
Quarterback Zach Wilson had a subpar passing game, going 18-32 for 224 yards with three and an interception. Running back Tyler Allgeier ran for 95 yards and a touchdown. The defense held the Hilltoppers’ offense in check, giving up 262 total yards.
Next game- vs. #14 Boise State Broncos
7) Georgia Bulldogs (4-1) defeated Kentucky Wildcats 14-3
Quarterback Stetson Bennett was underwhelming, going 9-13 for 131 yards and two interceptions. Running back Zamir White ran for 136 yards and a touchdown. The defense was on point, giving up 229 total yards.
Next year- vs. #19 Florida Gators
8) Texas A&M Aggies (4-1) defeated Arkansas Razorbacks 42-31
Quarterback Kellen Mond was proficient, going 21-26 for 260 yards and three touchdowns. Running back Isaiah Spiller ran for 82 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver Jalen Wydermyer had 92 receiving yards and two touchdowns. The defense held on despite getting gouged by the Razorbacks’ offense.
Next game- at South Carolina Gamecocks
9) Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-0) defeated Georgia State Panthers 51-0
Quarterback Grayson McCall was solid, going 18-24 for 254 yards and four touchdowns. Wide receiver Jaivon Heiligh had 81 receiving yards and two touchdowns. The defense pitched a shutout, holding the Panthers’ offense to a paltry 106 total yards and forced two turnovers.
Next game- vs. South Alabama Jaguars
10) Liberty Flames (6-0) Idle
Next game- at Virginia Tech Hokies