- The Perfect Marriage- Colin Kaepernick And The NFL - June 25, 2020
- 2020 NFL Mock Draft (Revised) - April 22, 2020
- 2020 NFL Mock Draft: Gems, Steals And Busts Abound - March 6, 2020
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0): The Crimson Tide looked very impressive, even against an inferior USC Trojans team. The defense looks as suffocating as ever. Freshman QB Jalen Hurts looked poised beyond his years. He has grabbed a strangle hold on the position and does not look like he’s giving it up. The running game is still finding it’s way.
2) Clemson Tigers (1-0): The Tigers vaunted offense looked ordinary but let’s give the Auburn Tigers some credit. Heisman Ttophy candidate quarterback Deshaun Watson was solid but the people want spectacular. Getting back wide receiver (WR) Mike Williams showed (9 catches for 174 yards) he’ll be the new go to receiver. Wayne Gallman will keep defenses honest and balance the passing attack (123 rushing yards, TD). The defense showed up. It wasn’t pretty but a win is a win.
3) Florida State Seminoles (1-0): Redshirt freshman QB Deondre Francois was huge in his debut (Seminole freshman record 419 passing yards and two TDs), leading the “Noles” to its largest comeback victory ever over a tough Ole Miss team. Heisman candidate running back (RB) Dalvin Cook had a stellar overall outing with 91 rushing yards and 101 receiving yards. The defense grew up in the second half with a dominating performance. The kicking game is in good hands (or feet) with freshman phenom kicker Ricky Arguayo, who went 6-6 in FG attempts.
4) Ohio St Buckeyes (1-0): QB J.T. Barrett put on a show with 349 passing yards and 6 TDs (1 INT). RB Mike Weber had 136 rushing yards on 7.2 yards per carry. “Swiss Army Knife” Curtis Samuel had 177 receiving yards while scoring two touchdowns to go along with 84 rushing yards and another TD. The defense was not challenged, suffocating Bowling Green. Malik Hooker had two interceptions and Rodjay Burns had one interception and returned it for a TD. The Buckeyes made it look easy against a weak opponent.
5) Michigan Wolverines (1-0): Freshman QB Wilton Speight looked efficient (10-13 but only 145 passing yards, 3 TDs, INT). He will need to be better if the Wolverines are to win the Big 10. RB Chris Evans rushes for 112 yards and two TDs. The defense smothered Hawaii. Both Channing Stribling and Delano Hill had an interception, returning them for TDs.
6) Stanford Cardinal (1-0): They struggled against the Kansas State Wildcats. New QB Ryan Burns was very pedestrian in his debut (156 passing yards and a TD). The offense goes as RB Christian McCaffrey goes (210 total yards and 2 TDs), he looked average and so did the offense. The defense did not look much better. They will have to play with more efficiency if they want to win the Pac-12.
7) Houston Cougars (1-0): The Cougars made a statement in their win over #3 ranked Oklahoma Sooners. They announced themselves as a contender and a team to be dealt with nationally. QB Greg Ward Jr. was as good as advertised (321 passing yards and 2 TDs). RB Duke Catalon contributed 88 rushing yards yards as well. WR Steven Dunbar had 125 receiving yards. The defense put all kinds of pressure on the Oklahoma QB. They are a ball hawking group.
8) Washington Huskies (1-0): The Huskies made easy work of a bad Rutgers team. Which is exactly what they were suppose to do. QB Jake Browning passed for 287 yards with three TDs and an interception. WR John Ross had 90 receiving yards with a touchdown. The running game was non-existent but not needed. That will have to change if they have any plans of a Pac-12 title. The defense was all over the field which a good sign. Tougher test ahead but a good start for this unit.
9) Michigan State Spartans (1-0): Struggling against Furman at home is not what the faithful wanted to see. New QB Tyler O’Connor was ordinary with 190 passing yards, 3 TDs and an interception. Sophmore RB LJ Scott managed 105 yards on the ground and a TD, a subpar game for him. WR Monty Madaris had 85 receiving yards. The defense got better as the game progressed. This team needs to get in gear for the Big Ten schedule or it will be a long season.
10) Tennessee Volunteers (1-0): The expectations may be too much for this team to handle. They needed OT to defeat a good Appalachain State team at home. QB Joshua Dobbs passed for 192 yards, a TD and a interception but did not look good. RB Jalen Hurd rushed a for hard earned 110 yards and a TD. WR Josh Malone had 81 receiving yards and a TD. Not the start they were looking for but managed to win a game they should have lost. The SEC won’t be so giving.