- Shavonte Zellous And Liberty Stun Sun At The Buzzer, 79-76 - July 11, 2018
- Liberty Hang On To Beat Fever, 78-75 - June 10, 2018
- Charles Nets 34; Zellous Drills Late Three To Seal Come-From-Behind Victory Over Dallas 94-89 - May 30, 2018
NEW YORK, N.Y. – JULY 16, 2017 – Behind 15 points from point guard Bria Hartley the New York Liberty (9-9) picked up an 85-55 win over the Washington Mystics (11-9) on Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden.
Hartley, starting for the 1st time since June 23 at Connecticut, nailed a season-high 3 3-pointers, while Sugar Rodgers came off the bench to score 14 points and Shavonte Zellous finished with 11 points. The Liberty opened a big lead early in the game with a 30-point opening quarter, its highest scoring opening period of the season, leading 30-14 after 10 minutes of action and never looking back. The 30-point victory was the largest of the year for New York, which limited the Mystics to 27.7 percent shooting from the field.
The Liberty will play its final game before the All-Star break on Wednesday, July 19, when it hosts the Connecticut Sun for Camp Day at The Garden. A special tipoff time Wednesday of 11 AM.
Downloadable HD Highlights
New York Liberty Notes
• Bria Hartley started at point guard for the Liberty, her 8th start of the season and 1st since June 23 at Connecticut
• The Liberty scored 30 points in the 1st quarter, its highest scoring opening period of the year
• New York scored over 20 points in the 1st quarter for the 1st time since June 16 at Dallas and led after one period for the 1st time since June 11 vs. the Seattle Storm
• Sugar Rodgers came off the bench to score 14 points, 8 of which came in the 1st quarter
• After going 3-straight games with fewer than 10 bench points the Liberty scored 10 points off the bench in the 1st quarter against the Mystics and finished with 41 bench points, the most for the 2nd unit this season
• New York opened up a 20 point lead in the 1st half, its largest lead in any game this season, and led by as many as 29 points in the 2nd half
• Bria Hartley scored in double figures for the 1st time since June 23, finishing with 15 points on a season-high 3 3-pointers
• The 30 point margin of victory was the largest for the Liberty in any game this season (previous was 16 points in 88-72 win over Phoenix on June 4 at Madison Square Garden)