- Major League Soccer to Adopt New Playoff Structure in 2019 - December 17, 2018
- Atlanta United Wins Eastern Conference Championship, Advances To MLS Cup - November 30, 2018
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. NYCFC - November 3, 2018
ATLANTA (July 27, 2018) – Atlanta United returns to action on Saturday, July 28 when it travels to face Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo. Atlanta enters the match atop the Supporters’ Shield Standings (13-4-5, 44 points) while Montreal sits in fifth place in the Eastern Conference (9-12-1, 28 points). Atlanta is 6-2-2 and has taken a league-best 20 points away from Mercedes-Benz Stadium this season. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 7 p.m. EST and will be televised on FOX Sports Southeast.
Atlanta is coming off a 3-1 victory over D.C. United at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on July 21. After an early goal from D.C., Atlanta responded with three goals as Josef Martínez netted his MLS record sixth career hat trick. The 25-year-old Venezuelan has scored 41 goals in 42 MLS appearances. He leads the Golden Boot race with 22 goals and became the first player in MLS history to score 22 goals through the first 22 matches of a season.
After being knocked out of the Canadian Championship by Vancouver Whitecaps on Wednesday night, Montreal returns home to Stade Saputo where they have won their last five matches. Led by Ignacio Piatti, who leads the club with 10 goals and nine assists, Montreal has climbed the standings in recent weeks and is now above the playoff line.
Saturday, July 28|Stade Saputo, Montreal, Quebec, Canada|7 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United (13-4-5, 44 points) vs. Montreal Impact (9-12-1, 28 points)
English TV | FOX Sports Southeast
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game (local)
6 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
6:30 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
- Atlanta United-Montreal Impact Game Notes
- Atlanta United 2018 media guide
- Atlanta United match day photos
- Atlanta United head coach Tata Martino
- On Montreal, MLS All-Star Game, Andrew Carleton
- Atlanta United defender Michael Parkhurst
- On Montreal, Ignacio Piatti, his level of play